It’s that time of year again, where all the shops have their ‘Back to School’ displays out, and students around the country splurge out on stationery and organisers for the next academic year. I’m sure I am not the only one who takes their time and effort to find the perfect planner – despite whether or not it ever gets used.
I flicked through Dodo-Pad’s academic diary and wall planner for the 2016/17 year and am pleased to say, they did not disappoint. Below is a list of just a few of their pros and cons.
1) As the diary and planner are essentially the same thing arranged differently so having the uniformity there makes it easy to keep information in both well co-ordinated
2) There is lots of empty space so running out of space does not pose to be an issue
3) All the random poems, doodles and facts scattered about definitely make it a lot more lively than your ordinary planner
4) There is a little pocket at the back to put loose sheets in which is always handy!
5) At the back, there is a “forward planner” for the next year so you can still keep track of things before buying a new planner
1) The colour scheme (lots of orange and subdued blues, greens and browns) personally would not be my go to
2) Whilst all the space is a bonus, they are slightly bigger than A5 which means carrying the planner around on a day-to-day basis may be a bit tricky
3) The grids which are used may be a bit difficult for people with larger handwriting to use
OVERALL RATING – 6/10
(*Disclosure: both of these products were sent to us to write an honest review*)